Interested in taking a course to advance your professional development?

Principals, Teachers, and Support Staff are eligible to take university courses paid by the district. See the language of your contract for specifics about this benefit.

If you'd like to take a course, here are the steps you should take:

  1. Work with a university or college to arrange for admission and registration. (You may enroll in a degree program or take a single course as a non-matriculated student, depending on the policies of the specific college or university you are dealing with.)
  2. Complete the RSU 12 Course Approval & Payment form and turn it in to your supervisor for approval.
  3. Once you receive the RSU 12 Course Approval & Payment form back with all approval signatures, contact the college or university to register for the course.
  4. Submit a copy of the RSU 12 Course Approval & Payment form to the college or university billing office before the payment deadline to authorize them to bill RSU 12.
  5. The college or university will work bill the district for the costs of the course approved in the original form. You are responsible for any costs exceeding those approved on the form.