Beginning in the 2014-15 school year, RSU 12 begain using a proficiency-based reporting tool called Jumprope to record and report grades for our students as they work towards proficiency of standards in a proficiency-based system. (Below is a sample report of student progress.)
- Progress Reports and Report Cards will list students' classes or subjects.
- For each class, you can see an overall score on a four-point rubric.
- In addition, each class or subject is divided into sub-topics that we call standards, and there is a score for each standard. This information helps identify areas of strength and areas for more learning.
- Teachers can also provide citizenship scores, and these do not affect the grade in the class or subject.
In addition, parents and students can view student progress online by logging in to the Jumprope parent portal with the student username (typically the student's school email address - expressed as the last 2 digits of the high school graduation year + first initial + last name + "@svrsu.org"- i.e. email@example.com) and their password.
- Contact your child's school if you have forgotten the username.
- Use the "forgot your password" link on the parent portal if you've forgotten your password.