A clear set of expectations of what students need to learn might look like:
- Learning Targets posted on the walls
- Objectives explained to students
- Answers to the question, "Why do we have to know this?"
Clear and specific feedback on whether or not they learned it might look like:
- Comments on a test or quiz
- A separate score/grade for each topic assessed, even if there are several topics covered in one project or test.
- Feedback on a continuum that shows progress towards learning the skill.